Medical Marijuana resources
Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) Medical Marijuana Program - the Connecticut Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) administers the Connecticut Palliative Use of Marijuana Act and registers patients to use medical marijuana in Connecticut. MMP is part of the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.
Americans for Safe Access (ASA) - is the largest national member-based organization of patients, medical professionals, scientists and concerned citizens promoting safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research.
NORML - is an American non-profit organization based in Washington, DC whose aim is to move public opinion sufficiently to achieve the legalization of non-medical marijuana in the United States so that the responsible use of cannabis by adults is no longer subject to penalty.
My Veteran - is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Organization promoting the Words of Action - Vets Helping Vets.
As an Advocacy Organization, Vets Helping Vets is run by David Apperson, Veterans Spokesman providing Administrative, Educational, Informative and Support Services for VA Employees, Active Military, Disabled Veterans and Their Families.
The International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines (IACM) - was founded in March 2000. The aim of the association is to advance knowledge on cannabis, cannabinoids, the endocannabinoid system, and related topics especially with regard to their therapeutic potential. The mission is achieved in particular through the following actions:
- Support for research into cannabis products and the endocannabinoid system;
- Promotion of exchange of information between researchers, health care practitioners, patients and the public;
- Preparation and dissemination of reliable information on the pharmacology, toxicology and therapeutic potential of cannabis and modulators of the endocannabinoid system;
- Monitoring and documentation of national and international developments with respect to cannabinoid therapeutics;
- Co-operation with other organizations and associations sharing the mission and goals of the IACM
The IACM declares that it is the right of doctors to be able to discuss the medicinal use of cannabis with their patients.
International Cannabinoid Research Society - the ICRS is a non-political, non-religious organization dedicated to scientific research in all fields of the cannabinoids, ranging from biochemical, chemical and physiological studies of the endogenous cannabinoid system to studies of the abuse potential of recreational Cannabis.
Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research - the purpose of the Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research is to coordinate rigorous scientific studies to assess the safety and efficacy of cannabis and cannabis compounds for treating medical conditions.